Friday, December 10, 2010

Before and After

Well it's the winter, and accordingly the time when I restock my fly boxes and spend some time behind the vice tying flies. In 2006 I built a little fly tying bench for myself because I was disturbed by the cost of them at local shops. It served its purpose admirably for several years (with may modifications/additions along the way), but I have finally just plain outgrown it! Now it will be relegated to storage - perhaps Drake or Connor will take an interest in tying flies and I can pass it along to one of them (I hope!).








I did some prowling around the web and found a few photos of benches that I thought I would like, and taking into consideration all the factors of what I wanted in a bench (things like light reflection, magnetic strips for hooks/beads, easy access to tools, and a build in thread storage rack), came up with this one. It's quite a bit bigger than it was in my mind, but with a little more organization should work out great.





The best part is that I did this entire bench for $30.00!! Bridgette should be so proud of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment